Friday, June 5, 2009

Update

Overheard a peaceful silent conversation between my parents. Sensed a smile on their faces. Even Pikku is more buoyant than usual. I reckon doctors have injected some fresh hope into each of them. Or may be their prayers are bearing some fruit. To be honest,no one has ever told me if I am really on the way to my funeral. That's a rough guess. When people come in herds to visit you in a hospital ward and speedy-recovery wishes start pouring in uncontrollable torrents, you know something is really wrong. There were some signs which I started discerning within myself. Like those fits of sweating, excruciating spasms in various parts of my body. You know when you are that ill, your eyes start showing it. I hope it's not like that last brilliant flicker of fire before I am put out forever. Never-ending slew of unrealised dreams, the fear of leaving a gazillion faces sad, unfulfilled desires, untravelled places, never-experienced emotions, hope of a reunion, fear of losing friends, losing out on venting my feelings here, losing Pikku ...factor in heavily to make me doubt if I would really like to die now. We are all automatons of desire. We rest not until we achieve. We rest not until we are being led to sleep.

"Born from light,

Born for flight.

tinkling bright

Illuminating your summer night.

I am a firefly

I shall give light until I die."


P.S :: Sometimes, the things you say, the deeds you do... start making sense with the passage of time. Wrote this for my college journal, only today it sounds meaningful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i can understand that every individual must go through these emotions before they call it a day...of their life that is.
i always used to think about the same thoughts which u have written in your post...

i loved these lines....We rest not until we achieve. We rest not until we are being led to sleep.
nailed it!!!

closing eyes said...

thx Prianca. I would never call it a day, not even in the face of the final hush..